Friday, June 15, 2012

Recipe: Spicy Summer Potato Salad



I love to grill out. In fact, once the weather starts behaving nicely in the Spring, I grill out just about every weekend. Every 2 weeks, my group of friends come to my place to play games. Along with the implements of role-playing, they also bring meat. They supply the meat, I supply the fire. So, on any given Sunday we have a mixture of pork chops, ribs, steaks, brats, and other various animal flesh with which to cook a feast. Often my friends will bring side dishes as well. But, every once in a while I will take some extra time out the night before to do something special. Maybe bake some cookies or other confectionery delight. Or, as in the case of last weekend, a side salad of some type. My Spicy Summer Potato Salad was born of this inspiration. It's a nice, spicy, tangy mustard-based potato salad perfect for siding with brats, burgers and ribs. This is the recipe' with which I launched the brand new web-show on YouTube: "The Lupine Epicurean." Bon Appetit!

Ingredients:

Small Red Potatoes, Diced, 4 cups
Veggie Gruel, 1/2 Cup, 1/3 cup
Radishes, 6 Medium Sized
Carrots, Shredded or Grated, 1/4 cup
Garlic, Fresh, 3 cloves
Mustard, 1/2 cup
Mayo, 1/4 cup
EVOO, 1 Tbls
Lemon Pepper Spice, 1 Tbls
Ground Pepper, 1/4 Tbls
Mint Flakes, 2 tsp.

No comments:

Post a Comment