Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Restaurant Review: Logan's Roadhouse



Logan’s Roadhouse is by far my favorite of the “western/country-style” steak house grills. I used to frequent the place often. But, it had been a while since eating there, so this past Saturday I decided to head out for my weekly errands and start my day with a steak dinner. I arrived at Logan’s about 5:30, and the place was already filling up. The great thing about a casual steak house like Logan’s is that it is great for families, buddies, and even dates. This day, I was enjoying some “me” time.

As usual I started out with an appetizer. Back in the day I would order something called the Chattahoochie Cheese Fries: hearty steak fries smothered in Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese, topped with bacon and onion, with a side of ranch dressing for dipping. Yes, I know; heart attack on a plate. Unfortunately, I found out it has been way too long since I went to Logan’s for they no longer carry this particular appetizer. However, upon hearing about them, my server- Nolan- was able to arrange to get me a plate of their signature Supreme Enormous Nachos: tortilla chips covered in nacho cheese, chili, jalapenos, salsa and sour cream… with the tortilla chips replaced with steak fries. To say that it was heaven to my mouth would be an understatement. What with the fresh bread and whipped butter they bring to your table, I had to physically stop myself to keep room for my entrée. I ended up carrying a hefty amount of my Supreme Enormous Chili Fries home in a box.

For my entré, it had to be steak. It was beef I was craving. Now, I am mildly allergic to beef. As long as I only eat beef once a week, I do okay with it. But, when I get a craving for a steak… it has to be just right. I opted for the six-ounce sirloin cooked medium rare. And, I must say, it was spot on. Brown on the outside with a cool pink center. It was the kind of steak that practically melts in your mouth, it’s so tender. I accentuated my steak with fresh broccoli and a rice pilaf. All in all, a delicious meal from beginning to end. My only one complaint was that my broccoli was a bit too soft. I am one of those individuals who likes my veggies nice and crisp. Otherwise, every bite was savory and tasty.

And I have to give a lot of credit to my server, Nolan, for making my Saturday afternoon meal  a success. Despite being quite busy with two large groups behind me, he kept my tea glass full, and checked on me at adequate intervals. I was a bit surprised when he said he had not been working there that long, because he was a real pro. And I made sure to give him a full 20% tip for his efforts.
Obviously, there was no room in my stomach for dessert that afternoon. But, Logan’s does have an adequate selection of after dinner delights to tickle your fancy. All in all, my experience reminded me why I used to eat there so often in the past, and why I need to go more often in the future. Delicious food, excellent service, and an all-around great dining experience.

If you would like to take a look at the Logan’s menu, or find one in your neck of the woods, give them a visit here: http://www.logansroadhouse.com/Default.aspx

My Rating: * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment