Thursday, June 21, 2012

Restaurant Review: The Cheesecake Factory



It’s actually been some time ago- April in fact- since Ken and I went to Cheesecake Factory specifically so I could do a review. At the time I was still trying to hit every restaurant on my Top 10 list. But, several “real-life” adventures interfered in me being able to get the review published. Better late than never, I always say.  To be honest, I could easily just wrap up this review by saying, “Go there. I love it. You will love it. It’s one of the best places to eat in the world.” Yes, I am biased. But, I can honestly say, I have never had a bad experience at The Cheesecake Factory. And, this visit was no exception.

I don’t entirely remember what time we arrived, but I believe it may have been a little later than normal, because we did have to wait about 15 minutes to get a seat. Not a bad wait at all on a Saturday evening. The wait merely gave us time to peruse the menu that our local Factory keeps posted just outside its doors on the plaza beside the Mall St. Mathews. So, we had a pretty good idea of what we were going to get once we sat down.

Let me start by mentioning our server, Benjamin. Usually, when me and my posse’ go out for dinner, I prefer to have a female server. If I have to explain to you why three buddies on “Guys Night Out” prefer a female server, then just ignore it and skip ahead. But, I will have to say that Benjamin ranks up there with other servers I have mentioned in the past who are “true professionals”; courteous, helpful, attentive, informative. I have pretty specific tastes. When I go out to eat, I am usually in the mood for a particular taste. More than once, Ken has asked the server, “what do you think? What sounds good? What is good?” And you can always tell the bull artists from those who have truly eaten the food they serve and know the difference. Benjamin is one of those guys. He knew the menu well, and was extremely informative. He kept our tea flowing. He never missed a beat on timing the dinner.

I think this may have been when I started on my recent crave-fest for dishes south of the border. I have only just noticed that I have spent a lot of time preparing, talking about, and eating such food. I chose the Factory Nachos for my appetizer. The piping hot Nachos were absolutely covered in cheese, salsa and jalapenos. I tend to like my tortilla chips a little more crisp, but the Factory tortilla chips are an exception since they are a special Factory made chip. Ken was feeling in a particularly healthy mood, and enjoyed a crisp Little House Salad with mixed greens, tasty balsamic vinaigrette, and fresh cucumbers & tomatoes.

For the main course, I opted for the Factory Burrito Grande: a soft flour tortilla stuffed full of tender chicken, mildly spicy red pepper and tangy, roasted corn salsa. Ken chose the Stuffed Chicken Tortilla: tender, spicy chicken stuffed into a fresh corn tortilla and topped with gooey melted cheese, fresh green onion, tangy Tomatillo sauce, and refreshing cilantro. Truth of the matter is Ken and I did not talk half as much as we usually do, because we were way to busy enjoying our delicious food. Our main course was an absolute delight.

You cannot go to the Cheesecake Factory without having dessert. It would be insane. No, really. They are, of course, famous for their cheesecake and pastries. As luck would have it, we did not have the time to sit and enjoy dessert. But, you can bet we both bought a slice of cheesecake and took home with us. I am usually partial to the New York Style Traditional Cheesecake, or the Chocolate Cheesecake. This time around, however, I decided to try something new: Coconut Cheesecake. I was blown away by the powerful coconut flavor that seeped out of my cheesecake later that night; sweet, creamy, heaven.

All in all, it was yet another perfect dining experience at Cheesecake Factory. Still, one of my favorite places to eat, and well deserved of the #5 spot on my Top Ten Favorite Restaurants. The average cost of an appetizer is around $8. Entre' cost range from $11 to $20, with some pricier options on the menu. The menu is extensive. 

To find out more about The Cheesecake Factory, take a gander at their menu, or find one near you, check out their website here: http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/

My Rating: * * * * *
Ken’s Rating: * * * * 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment