Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Recipe': Che's Deviled Pollock and Pasta



I really wish I could show you a picture of this dish. But, I am afraid that my wife's latest experiment in the kitchen was so good that we had eaten half of it before I realized it was a perfect meal for presenting here. Cherilyn had lamented that she was not much of a cook, but time and time again over the past couple of months, she has excelled at putting together inexpensive, easy to make, and healthy dinners. It's been quite a change for me to have someone who makes dinner for me after I get home from my day-job. But, it has been so worth it. Last night she asked me, "what do you want for dinner tomorrow." My response... "whatever you want to make." She was inspired by the deviled eggs that I had taught her how to make a couple of years ago when she was still in The Philippines. She had then made a huge plate of them for family and friends that were quickly gobbled up. Inspired by the tangy combination of mustard and paprika, she added a few logical additions and made this fish... Masarap! Unfortunately, you will have to be left with the simple visage of a fresh pollock (above) until you craft this recipe' yourself. But, I promise you, you will enjoy every bite of it.

Ingredients:

Fish:
2 Fillets Pollock or other Whitefish
½ Tsp. Paprika
½ Tsp. Garlic Powder
1 Tsp. Curry Powder
1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. Spicy Brown Mustard
1 Tbsp. Honey

Pasta:
2 Cups Thin Spaghetti
1 Tbsp. Butter
½ Tbsp. Basil
½ Tbsp. Crushed Red Pepper
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Parmesan
Pinch (or two) of Salt


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 425°. Place fresh Pollock in a greased baking pan. Mix curry powder, spicy mustard, honey, and lemon juice in a measuring cup, thoroughly. Pour Devil Sauce onto fish. Sprinkle paprika and garlic powder liberally over the fish. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, bring thin spaghetti to a boil in large pot until “al dente”. Drain spaghetti and return to pot. Add butter and olive oil, then stir until butter is melted. Add crushed red pepper and basil and mix well. Sprinkle with parmesan and salt. Serves 1 to 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment