Thursday, May 15, 2014

Episode 14: Fiesta Scallops


Wow, it's been a long Spring. Well, actually, a short Spring. Winter outwore its welcome here in Kentucky. The last time I posted an episode of the Lupine Epicurean companion Web-show, was January. I have spent most of the Winter and Spring with my focus solely on the immigration process to get my wife here from The Philippines. And with the exception of the few reviews I managed to get out, I have been slow it producing Lupicurean Content. But, I have more film in the can. And now I finally have Episode 14 for all of you to enjoy. And as well, the recipe is below. Please remember, I am always open to comments, suggestions and questions. Be sure and check out the show on YouTube. Subscribe, so you don't miss a single episode. And I hope you enjoy this wonderful seafood treat I call Fiesta Scallops.

Ingredients:
5 Scallops, Large
½ Cup Flour
1 T Lime Juice
2 T Butter, Unsalted
1 T Mint Flakes
1 T Cilantro
½ T Freshly Ground Pepper
2 Cups Pasta, Penne or Spaghetti
3 T Olive Oil
1 T Basil
½ Cup Goat Cheese

Instructions:
Premix the cilantro, mint, pepper and flour in a small bowl. Prepare a baking pan with canola spray. Preheat oven to 425*. In a small bowl coat the scallops with lime juice.  Thoroughly roll the scallops in the flour & spice mix. Place scallops in baking pan. Soften butter in microwave so that is liquid & clumpy. Drizzle liquid butter over the scallops. Pour the rest of butter into bottom of pan. Place scallops in oven and bake for 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, boil the penne pasta to al dente in a medium pot; drain. Add olive oil and basil to pasta; mix thoroughly. Just before serving scallops, add goat cheese to pasta and mix thoroughly.

Serves 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment